Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tagged WIFE edition (telling you the way it really is)

1. What is her name? Teana Gabrielle Joy Elmer (and I didn't know you could have that many names), AKA: Babe, AKA: T-bags (my fav, especially in public areas)
2.Who eats more? yeah... that's definitely my wife. Every time I see her she is eating or says she needs to eat but since she weighs less than 110lbs it just makes me jealous more than frustrated
3. Who said 'I love you' first? She told her mom she loved me the first night but I don't honestly remember the first time. I was the kind of guy who threw those words out there a bit soon but what is important is that soon after I fell head over heels for her.
4. Who is taller? Seriously? Let's just say my average height and Teana's Asian genes are not going to get our children out of the cursed "undersized" category that my family has long been condemned to.
5. Who is smarter? I'm the intellectual one but then again Teana did marry me so I guess that would make her a genius. But what she lacks in intellect she makes up for in wisdom, with which she far out weighs me.
6. Who is more sensitive? You keep me out of the movie theater or a therapy session and I'm a man's man. Teana is emotional but what woman isn't? Seriously... do you know any?
7. Who does the laundry? Teana usually puts the loads in (but not always) and I go put them on these cool things they call "clothes lines" and end up taking them down that night. No matter who does the laundry though you can bet that 9 out of 10 times I fold them all (probably more because I'm very particular (understatement) about how my clothes are folded due to years of work at Banana Republic/Gap.
8. Who sleeps on the rights side of the bed? If you're looking at it from the base Teana is on the right side...ish. I used to sleep on that side because it was near the window and I'd open it to stay cool but she manipulated me into giving it to her for reasons I don't remember or fully understand. The truth is though I get about 1 1/2 feet against the edge of the left side of the bed and my wife sleeps almost smack dab in the middle. I tell her all the time that I can't wait until we get done with school so we can buy a king and I'll actually have enough room to sleep.
9. Who pays the bills? Teana makes the money right now but the managing isn't her forte. Honestly though right now we don't have a lot of complexities in our life as far as bills.
10. Who cooks more? Teana cooks most of the time but I usually cook and prepare all the sides. Mashed Potatoes and peeling are my forte these days (mostly because they are my favorite) but I can also steam broccoli (I know I'm amazing), chop vegetables and I even have done a couple meals all by myself. I can cook Chicken Schnitzel, an Australia staple so that's pretty exciting.
12. Who is more stubborn? Yeah didn't even have to think about that one... definitely ME. Sadly enough I'm proud of it, but i guess it isn't really being stubborn if you're always right, is it? I mean would someone be stubborn if they passed on drugs over and over again when someone tried to tell them they should do it. (that isn't to say my wife is trying to get me to do drugs, merely an analogy)
13. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? What does it mean to be wrong? I'm not familiar with that?
14. Who has more siblings? That'd be me, but she does have the little sister I never had.
15. Who wears the pants in the relationship? Well because I am a strong believer in honesty I'll lay it out straight, I wear the pants but as long as my wife thinks she does everything is great.
16. What do you like to do together? with no friends and little money the movies and dinner are the highlights of our weeks. The missionaries are probably our closest friends in the ward. Sad, I know. Mostly we just enjoy a good night's sleep.
17. Who eats more sweets? Teana... she has what we like to call a "sweet tooth", which every man knows really means an obsession with everything chocolate and desire to eat lbs of it everyday.
18. Guilty pleasures? That's going to be anything in that above "sweet tooth" category along with vast amounts of Chips, or what we Americans would call french fries (especially with gravy).
19. How did you meet? We met at a institute for church at time she looked at the scars on my arm from self injury and said "what the heck did you do to your arm?" All though somewhat baffled by her blunt approach to a sensitive subject, it made me laugh in a way I hadn't in a long time. Who would have thought, evidently she didn't realize the scars were self inflicted but I wonder how one could think that a random scar would show in the form of three letters.
20. Who asked who out? I guess that would be me. but she originally asked me to go out with her to a YSA activity. I did a little flirting, threw the lure out there, and she snag on and wouldn't let go.
21. Who kissed who first? That was definitely me. I liked her and thought she was cute but I also had a little bet with a friend back home that I had to kiss an Aussie girl while I was there since it was my last trip over. (don't worry she knew about the bet days before we kissed). I guess you could say I killed two birds with one stone.
22. Who proposed? That would be me... after a fight earlier in the day about her telling an uncle that we were going to get married when I hadn't even purposed and told her I didn't have the money to buy a ring (I wanted to throw her off a little bit), I took her out to Doyle's a nice seafood place next to windows that overlook the Sydney Opera House and had a Lobster dinner. We walked around the Quay a bit and then drove to a secluded beach we'd been to on one of our first dates and we got a blanket out and looked at the stars. I planned on waiting an hour or so but was so nervous and about 15 minutes after just laying and talking I got her up and purposed. The romance died pretty quick after that seeing as she just wanted to run home and call everyone.
23. Her best features? Have you seen her? Cause if you have I needn't say more. Half-Filo's are a choice group of women and I got the upper echelon. The plump Angelina Jolieish lips are nice, but I just fell in love with the whole thing. Her smile makes me putty in her hands.
24. Her best qualities? Man... i have to be serious. Teana is the most amazing girl. She is very selfless and puts the Lord at the center of everything she does. When she gets mad at me (which is always justly deserved) she quickly forgives me. There are very few women who can deal with a man that is bouncing off the walls one day and in the depths of depression the next. She never lets it get her down but she never guards herself from it to the extent that she isn't understanding and reachable. She's the strongest person I know and I love her for loving me even when I don't deserve it.

3 comments:

Suz said...

I'm so glad your back. I have missed your funny stories. We love you and miss you

Ashley said...

sounds like she is an amazing woman... and what's with gravy on french fries? Not sure if i will ever try that!

leigh said...

jey - how are you guys? i haven't heard from you in a while. you must be having fun!