Many people say the fear of having a mole, especially the

larger ones, is the chance of it becoming cancerous. Although that is a very valid concern I have to say that there is a greater and more immediate concern with the
mole. Any male with the facial mole like me knows that the day every month or so that brings the most trepidation is the day you pull out the new razor blade to replace the blunt one. I woke up last Thursday, the one day I needed to look my best for a job interview and I had the unfortunate experience to look eye to eye with the new Mach 3 blade with a shine so bright it almost blinded me. So here I was intently staring deeply into the mirror as if to see the blade cut every hair with exactness. I'm afraid as the time passed and the neck hair went, followed by the chin hair, and the side burn trimming came the feared mustache and the mole. In a sluggish battle fought many a time, on the day victory was most needed and I incurred a ugly and literally bloody lost. Anyone who has ever cut a mole knows that once you niche it, no matter how little the cut it never stops bleeding. So here I was about 2 hrs before my interview thinking that the time was adequate to minimize the
damage but sadly I underestimated the extent of the wound. Band-aidless there was a lot of tissue and on the train the use of a t-shirt in my gym bag. Unfortunately the battle was a complete and utter loss. I found a chemist (pharmacy) outside the train station and quickly bought some band aids. With an hour 20mins until my interview there was still a glimmer of hope. I went to the bathroom right before my appointment to check the damage and it was still endlessly bleeding. So this is what I looked like going into an important interview in downtown Sydney in one of the nicest buildings downtown. Luckily the laid back Aussie culture is accepting of blemishes and though I sat through the interview with constant fear that the blood would start showing through the band-aid I luckily scathed through it and found a job with Sydney University which will have to be another blog as work starts. (which since as fallin through... it was probably the mole after all) Although extremely embarrassing, it's good to finally have something humorous to blog about. Unfortunately I have a strong belief in the saying, "If you don't have something funny to blog about than you shouldn't blog at all." I'm sure you've all heard of that. If not feel free to pass that on as long as you reference it to me. Aaron out.
2 comments:
haha oh man, what a nightmare!!! way to get through it!
Like I always said growing up, Aaron, "a dull blade makes for dull stories". Thanks for sharing.-Ryan
Post a Comment