Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This is a public service announcement

I'd like to take this opportunity to teach the importance of passport safety. This may not seem important to many of you but at some point in your life it could save it, or at least a lot of headache. Most of us never believe we will be a victim of passport theft or loss. Most of us travel the world thinking it could never penetrate our bubble of naivety. The sad truth is that 1 in 5 people lose their passport in some manner at least once in their lifetime. (you can find the details of this statistic at http://www.madeupstatistics.com/) None of us are invulnerable. To help us better understand these very realistic risks I've brought along No Face Joe to help us go through some simple steps of Passport theft/loss prevention. So thanks to Joe and Windows Paint let's look at some helpful tips of passport security.





Remember upon arrival to your destination to put your passport in a safe place that is easily accessible and that you'll remember upon departure. A suitcase pocket is good if you are going to be staying with relatives. A safe is your best bet when on vacation.










When necessary to use your passport while traveling, for example, a job interview for employment, put the passport in a secure location for travel where it will not be lost.

(the folder says "Job Resume Folder"... it's the best I can do with paint)









After returning from the required business needing your passport, return passport to designated spot of safe keeping regardless of future need, until the actual day it is needed again.



Do not leave passport somewhere you might forget about it.

(once again that's the business resume folder)

















When traveling always go through things before throwing them away regardless of how sure you are of what is inside.





















Lastly, it is important that no matter how sure you are of where your passport is you should double check well in advance of your departure date. If you've lost it and you don't find out until the day before you are in trouble. Contrary to popular belief a beautiful face doesn't get you through customs.








This ends today's public service announcement. So that may not really make people laugh but for those who are a bit slow or don't know. I couldn't find my passport the night before I was suppossed to return to the USA and after searching everywhere I finally realized I probably had thrown it away with my work documents and resume because I had it in that folder for an interview. When I realized I wasn't going to work anymore I threw out the folder not realizing my passport was still in it. I feel like an idiot and am still trying to figure out how I lets this happen. I guess it'll be funny to look back on one day. But hey I wouldn't of had a good blog and definently wouldn't of had the couple hours it took to make all those "No Face Joe" cartoons. Good Times!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh Aaron that must be pretty frustrating. I loved the post though and No Face Joe. Very entertaining.

Amy Jo said...

Last time I tried to post, my computer died! Sorry. I love this post! Aaron I really miss you and your crazy humor. You are going to go far in life, you can make anthything humerous! I love you both and can't wait to see you!

Suz said...

I love the public service announcement......these are the hard lessons in life. You are so funny. I can't wait to see you.

Brooke said...

Just so you know, I tagged you on our blog! Hope all is going well!