Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm Back

It has been a long time since we've last blogged. Aaron proabably won't be blogging regularly, so all you lovely people who love my husbands humor will just have to make do with me. Sorry!! He'll make an appearence every now and then. Your probably wondering how this 180 came about.. to sum it up I was at my sister in law Brittney's home yesterday and she showed me her blog books, they are totally awesome!! So I want to hold on to these memories forever..

Well I guess I better back track, I'll summarize for everyone's sanity, including my own.
I FINALLY got my visa a couple days before thankgiving 2008. I had the most horrible flight coming over here... thinking about, it was kind of funny and I had the chance to meet some wonderful people, so that made it worth while.
The Story: So I had a stop over in fiji and when I got there the flight attendent announces "the flight to LA has been delayed till tomorrow morning" So I'm freaking out a little because, as if I'm not already desperate enough to see my husband!! Then I really freak out because I'm in a country where I don't speak the language and now I have to haul 4 heavy bags by myself and stay at a hotel by myself (never done that) I guess I had to grow up someday. When I get to LA it's 10:30 at night and I've already missed my flight, The line to get a hotel and figure out a new flight is about 3 hours long. I'm freaking out again!! I borrow a phone from a stranger and call Aaron, he tells me he got me a flight for 6am the next morning and I'm like "I LOVE YOU" Then I have to sleep at the airport. So my travel here was quite an adventure.

Christmas time
My mother and sister came over to spend Christmas with me and the Elmer's. That was the best present I could ever get. It was so much fun to have them here!! Christmas surpassed my sister's expectations(she had them because I had bragged about how much fun the Elmer's are at Christmas). Aaron and I took them around to do all the toursity stuff and we went down to San Antonio, which is always awesome. John and Cheryl took them to babes (country fried steak) if you haven't gone please do, it'll change your life, it did mine (Now if your one of my Aussie friends then I'm sorry but if you go down to sth Cronulla and have some fish and chips it's pretty much the same thing). We took them to the Alamo and Aaron made all of us watch the movie and made sure we cried (he said it was the sign of a true Texan) and we did so many wonderful things. Here are some pics of our adventures.





2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yeah, you're back into blogging. Grammie and I have enjoyed reading your entry and seeing your pickies. Keep up the posts. Grammie thinks you need a post about Canasta lessons that she has been giving you! Ha!

Cheryl said...

One more idea - a post showing Aaron presenting you and I with our T-Shirts is a must for the future! Yeah for Elmer Family March Madness!