Thursday, April 16, 2009

I miss pancakes on the rocks....


There is a place in Sydney called "pancakes on the rocks" which I love and miss so much. They are one of the few places that are open 24hours a day, which is great for cravings. Even though it was a 40 minute drive from my home, it was totally worth it! They are the best pancakes I have ever had.

The first night Aaron and I hung out we really were limited
1. Because it was spontaneous, so nothing was really planned
2. It was a Sunday

So he took me to a place called the gap and we had such a fun time talking and getting to know each other. I told him about this pancake place and seeing as it was about 11pm we decided to go. We waited till it was midnight to eat and that is when Aaron fell in love with it too.

Since then we have made random trips, sometimes in the middle of the day other times late at night. I had a craving so bad one night that we drove around to find the new location they had built in a place called Campbelltown, Like I said Totally worth it!! We got there about 5 mins before closing and luckily enough they were still serving food. (In Australia places shut down the kitchen 30 minutes to an hour before closing)

Since being in the states I have often thought of these pancakes and I even googled them to see if I could find an imitation recipe, but no luck.

So if anyone out there knows how to make these delicious pancakes please let me know!!


This pancake is my favourite, it's called Bananarama. You can substitute one pancake for 2 crepes, I usually do that because the pancakes are huge and you fill up really fast. So I get 1 pancake and 2 crepes. It comes with grilled banana, butterscotch sauce(the best I've ever had) and ice cream. So YUMMY!

Too many choices, Aaron couldn't decide so he ended up getting a short stack and wedges. Don't ask me how I remember that.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Those look really good
I want some too! I am glad you're blogging we like to keep up now & then too.

Deanne Andrus said...

When I was in Australia in December 2008, We ate at Pancake on the Rocks! I agree with you too they were so good!! I had the chocolate ones and they came with chocolate ice cream. I have never had pancakes with ice cream before, so good!!!!

I hope you guys are doing great! (Ask Aaron he knows who I am)
Deanne

Cheryl said...

Yum, but who ever thought of ice cream on pancakes? Do they even offer maple syrup? I really do hope we have a post about the wisdom teeth extractions. Hope you are recovering well by now. Love Ya!

Lauralee Altice said...

Sounds amazing! I want to try it! Maybe some day I'll get to go to Australia and I'll be sure to go there!