They know how much I love my cheesecake.

This is my Mama Huiling (my mum's mum) I was so blessed to be able to see her!! She is not well and has been sick for some time, she suffers from dementia and I was so happy when she remembered me one time :) On the right is my mum's sister, Auntie Lory.
This is my papa angpong, It was so nice to hug him and get to know him. It was awesome to discover my heritage!!
My mum's family is from a small island in the Philippines called Bohol. It is very beautiful and in recent years they have been seen more as a tourist destination. Just look at this beach on Panglao island. So pretty
My mum and I were lucky enough to get to see the Cebu temple that was recently dedicated this year. It was so beautiful and is located right in the middle of the city. It truly is a light to the world.
The Philippines was a great experience for so many reasons. It was wonderful to get to know my family, my grandparents, my Aunties and uncles and my cousins and their children. It was such a humbling experience. To see how people live with close to nothing, made me realize how lucky I am. I have a bed, food, clean water, hot shower (the list could go on). What really touched my heart, was that even with so little, their lives were full and they were happy. It was definitely one of those defining moments when I realized how small my troubles are compared to the realities of life. It was a great experience!
This is my finally official sister!! She has dated my brother since I was 14!! One of the main reasons for my trip was to attend my brother's wedding!! They were married on the 20Th of November 2010 and it was such a lovely wedding. My brother fell in love with Dana all over again that day, and it was so great to be a witness of that.
This is my finally official sister!! She has dated my brother since I was 14!! One of the main reasons for my trip was to attend my brother's wedding!! They were married on the 20Th of November 2010 and it was such a lovely wedding. My brother fell in love with Dana all over again that day, and it was so great to be a witness of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment