So, I have to give you all the background to why we had this party in the first place. A couple of years ago I was watching "19 kids and counting" and on the show there first born son and his wife were revealing the gender of the baby to their family and the whole world. What took me by surprise was the way they did this. When they got their sonogram they sent the results of the gender to the bakery and got them to bake a cake with either "pink" or "blue" on the inside. They waited and found out with all their family when they cut the cake.
Fast forward two years and that is exactly what Aaron and I did. I knew I wanted to do that and so when I found out I was pregnant, Aaron, Cheryl and I started planning. We coloured in the He and She on the Hershey bars, got pink and blue kisses and got a girl to make a fabulous cake. We sent out the invites and had all our family together, Had other's on the phone. We sent up the Skype so that my family Down Under could be there too, and that made it PERFECT! We had a fun night of family, games, dinner and of course CAKE!
So we asked everyone to come in the colour they guessed the baby would be, as you can see the BOY was the favorite. My family in Australia also got dressed up and they too, thought it was going to be a boy. Although, Aaron and I were sure it was a girl.
I had trouble posting the video's, but i'll work on those.
Ryan, Aaron's Brother also made this Elmer Genome presentation, showing how this gender prediction could be made by scientific methods. It was so Awesome and I'm working on getting it posted. It was kind of long, so It wouldn't work on blogger, but I'm gonna try you tube. Stay tuned because it is worth it.
The Gender Reveal........
It's A....BOY!!!
August seems too far away!!
9 comments:
Congratulations!!!!! What a great party idea :-) Best of luck to you and Aaron and Ezekiel :-)
Oh my gosh! That is the best idea for a party I've ever heard of! I want to do that! But we already had a baby... maybe it'll be okay for the next one? Congratulations and good luck with everything!!
That is such a fun way to find out as well as celebrate! Congrats on a baby boy!!
What a fun idea! And congratulations! I can't wait to meet baby Zeke (I can call him that, right?)
had so much fun! and so excited for you guys!
@ Ashley: You can definately use it for your next little one.
@ leigh: You can call him Zeke, I want him to go by that if he likes it anyway :)
So fun! Good looking cake too!
Finally, we get our own little Aussie/American Zeke!
Congrads!
And that is such a fun way to celebrate! How Fun! We will be there in Texas in August and we Look forward to seeing your little cuttie!
Post a Comment