Friday, May 13, 2011

6 Months

Time is flying by!! I just finished up my last exam today for Spring 2011. I want to graduate in December with my Associates in Science. That means I have to take a class during Maymester which starts on Monday and both summer sessions. Busy..

So far this pregnancy has been such a wonderful experience. Over the last couple weeks I have been feeling Zeke kick me all day everyday, and I JUST LOVE IT! I will poke at my tummy and he pokes right back, it's so cute. Aaron has also had a wonderful time feeling Zeke's kicks. Last night he was right up against my belly speaking to Zeke and Zeke kicked him right in the mouth, Aaron and I both just laughed. We can't wait for our little miracle to arrive!

I'm starting to barely fit into my t-shirts (as you can tell from my picture) but, Molly my sis-in-law has given me so many things, from maternity to items for the baby. I am so grateful for awesome family.

Aaron is doing great, he just finished up his last exam today, so we are in party mode for a couple of days....

At my last appointment I got the gestational diabetes test, I was so nervous about it (I don't know why) but, thankfully it is negative and I'm fine. Ezekiel's heartbeat is strong and the doctor says he is growing well and so am I.

I've been pondering motherhood and the blessing of families lately, and am so grateful that Heavenly Father in his love and wisdom gave us this experience in mortality. Some of my feelings are too intimate to share on here, but I am amazed by the experience of pregnancy and the growing of a human being. It is so humbling to know that this is so much bigger than me, Zeke has been waiting a long time to come to earth and I only pray and hope I'm as good a mother as I dream of being. I can't imagine a more noble and greater calling than rearing children in righteousness. It breaks my heart when I think of loved ones and friends who are unable or still waiting to have children. I hope and pray for them always.. I know the Lord loves us and has a plan for us better than we could ever create ourselves.. I have definitely learnt that from personal experience.

I've also been thinking about children in orphanages. I don't know if it's the pregnancy or hormones, or whatever, but my thoughts have been down that road. I know it's not possible for our family right now, but maybe in the future, the Lord will make a way for this desire. As I think about Zeke in my tummy, I cry because I love him so much already and I know he'll always have a mummy to kiss him goodnight and be there for him. Then I think about all those babies in orphanages who have to self sooth and cry themselves to sleep and I wish it wasn't so dang expensive to adopt!!

Anways I'm trying to journal, so thanks for listening to my thoughts....

No comments: