Sunday, November 20, 2011

Life just keeps flying by...

October flew right by, we were so busy that month because my mum and sis came over to visit Baby Zeke and us. We had such a blast, we went to the state fair, shopped till we about dropped and ate alot of desserts. The best part was just hanging out and spending time together. It was so fun to watch my mum (Lola is her name to Zeke) and Mimi interact with Zeke they love him so much and he was loving the extra attention.

I always wondered how a Grandma feels about her grand children and so I had to ask the million dollar question to my mum. She gave me an answer that made me pretty excited to be a grand mama she said " Ding (that's what she calls me) I love him, when I look at him it feels like he is my own child." Funny, I never thought that's what it would feel like, like it being your own baby. I mean I know grandparents love their grandchildren I guess I didn't think it was like having your own baby again. Now I can truly understand why her heart hurt so much because I couldn't go a day without being with Zeke. I've had a couple date nights and girl night outs and within 30 minutes I'm missing Zeke wishing I could be with him. So I'm glad my mum was able to have this special time with him and now we are counting the days till we go down under next May.

Michelle was amazing with Zeke, she loved on him so much and he just loved her right back. It was so fun for me to watch them interact. One day she'll make a great mummy!

Zeke loves his bath time, it's really daddy/son time coz Aaron loves to take baths with him. Zeke loves to float on his back and Aaron is trying hard to teach him how to float. Before Zeke was born I told him that in Australia we teach our babies to swim and love the water at a very young age, I mean 6 weeks old young! He of course didn't believe me, so I told him to you tube it and what do you know, babies can actually float and some even swim by 3 months old. So from then on it was his and my goal to get baby Zeke to swim on his own by next summer when he'll be one. He is 3 months old now and can almost float on his back, but lately he has been turning his head and getting water in his face which scares him a little so we have to be careful coz I definatly don't want him traumatized by water.

He is such a happy baby I feel so lucky because he hardly cries, unless he's hungry or very tired. I can put him on the floor and he'll kick and talk for about an hour while watching the TV. He loves for me and Aaron to talk to him and always smiles in response. He loves it when his G'pa sings patty cakes with him too, that is a sure way to get him to smile.

He is not my newborn anymore, he's such a big boy at 10 weeks he weighed in at 13lbs 9oz. He is also in the 95th percentile for height. Aaron is so excited because he is hoping for a tall, left handed boy he can teach basketball to. He is also starting to grab toys and having more of a wake/play time.

During the night he'll wake himself up and does this cute sad talking/ whimpering for a couple of minutes and then go back to sleep, it is so CUTE!

Aaron is down to his 2nd last semester of school and we are super excited for the next chapter of our lives after graduation. He is studying finance and we are debating whether we should stay in the U.S. or try to move to Australia.. It's so hard because we wish we could have our cake and eat it too, but living in either place we'll miss our families.

Here are some pics of Zeke and other things we've been up to.
Just love this look!!

Finally got a pic of him smiling, whenever I go to take a picture of him smiling face on he always gets serious when he sees the camera..

Lola Mila and Baby Zeke

After his shots. He did so good he had three needles and an oral vaccine. The first needle he didn't even cry and then with the next two he only cried for a couple minutes then was off too sleep.



At the BYU/TCU game! It was so much fun and was the first time my mum and sis had ever been to a football game.



Zeke's first Halloween and Michelle got to trick or treat in the U.S. for the first time



Zeke getting the hang of the bumbo.

His two month photo!

I love my two boys!

No comments: