Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Stupid Aussies, Stupid Me

I've been to Australia about 8 different times and the shortest I've stayed is 2 months in a visit and the longest 4 1/2 and there is one thing that still gets the better of me every so often. I've learned how to drive on the other side of the road. I've learned how to properly use my signals on a round about. I've even learned all the slang and stopped trying to turn left (what would be right in the US) at red lights. But there is one thing I constantly mess up. At least once a week I have the keys to drive and I go to the left side to drive. I hate it. My wife always laughs at me. She lets me get there with the key in the door and then say something along the line of, "Oh I thought you wanted to drive." I'm just venting that because I did it today coming out of the library and a couple people were watching and being alone with nothing in my hands I think they realized I had forgotten.

4 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I think that halarious! Some old habits die hard! Love ya!

Suz said...

Oh just think as you made their day. It made mine.

Miss ya!

Cheryl said...

Oh, is that unusual? Dad and I do it all the time.
Love Ya!

Lauralee Altice said...

That would drive me crazy! I bet it is so weird driving that way. I see the postmen and I wonder how they do it! I was in a car with a friend from Australia once and he said it was weird to drive a manual car in the US.