A couple of weeks ago I started the Wilton cake decorating class at Hobby Lobby, and I am loving it. This is the first of 3 courses and then I'll know how to make pretty much whatever cake (So my instructor tells me.) This first course is all about basic principles of cake decorating and the finale will be making a Wilton rose. The first night the instructor demonstrated how to decorate a cake and we watched along.
I was so excited, that when I cam home I decided to give it a try. Let me tell you she made it look a lot easier and I definitely underestimated the difficulty of icing a cake.
S0 here is my very first decorated cake. Writing is really hard, but I'm sure with practice I'll get better.

1 comment:
You could also do this on those big "cookie cakes" like Amy makes for her kids and like they sell at the cookie shops - lots of ideas are popping up in my mind. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment