Friday, May 14, 2010

Rainbow Cake

Last Night I finished my second cake and this one was much better. In the second session of class we learned the different things you can do with the star tip. This is the easiest tip to decorate with, because you literally just squeeze it out of the bag. The zig zag on the end of the rainbow is also used with the star tip. It was really fun to play with colors and practice writing some more.





Side note: I won a competition at work and this is what I got. I was so excited because it was exactly what I wanted and needed, especially with all the baking and icing I have been doing lately. Don't you just love the cute little cake tester...it's adorable.

I am really enjoying myself and loving this new adventure!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love that you're posting again. Your cakes are sooooo great we are going to have to have some parties or something so you can make them for everyone!

Maioha said...

your cakes look great! I love that you're numbering them too. Mmmm.

Annie said...

Teana! I am SOOOO impressed! I love it. Wish I was in Texas so I could come help you eat them! And P.S. You look adorable, as usual.

Amy Jo said...

Fun times! I wish I could take the class with you. I know Aaron thinks the star cakes are old school, but there are so many creative ways to jazz up the old star these days. Try it on sugar cones and pull it out a little before letting go and after 200+ stars you have an adorable pine tree. It is a lot of work but so worth the effort when you kids think you are the best cake decorator ever. I love the rainbow cake, too cute! Keep posting so I can learn new stuff from you classes. Maybe you can show me how to make the rose or flowers that you will learn at the end. Love ya!

Toni said...

yummy... i want some!!!! there's a girl in our ward who took those classes and started her own little business!!! i can;t wit to try one of your creations!