Friday, May 16, 2008

10 Reasons for Having a Baby

I know what you're thinking... isn't it the parents job to get you on board with wanting a kid and telling you why you should. Mom and Dad I'm going to go ahead and do it for you (Maybe in a little different way than you would but hey whatever works). So I thought of all the reasons for having a baby (no we're not pregnant and aren't trying for a couple of years... nosey people). But let's be honest if you're LDS then once you get married the baby is on deck, at least in most peoples minds. I found these 10 reasons better than anything else I could find so here they are:

10. I found this shirt online for a baby and I thought that it'd be great for bringing home the baby from the hospital in. Okay so I'm sure a lot of you moms look back at that first picture of your baby wrapped in their little clothes and beanie and the baby blanket they took to college with them last week but I want my kid to come out in style, and THIS is style! (Don't hate me because you think I don't appreciate the significance or spirituality of the birth of a baby. Like my wife would ever let him (100% chance of a boy) come home in this anyways.)

9. (I live in a gated community): I love this because I know how awesome all you moms are and that you would never throw your child in the play pen, walker or swing all day while you try to get some things done. I'm not judging. I'd do it too but the humor comes in that not many people want to admit that they some times do it. Let's be real, being a parent is hard work and I've seen enough that I know there are days that there is nothing you'd rather do then lock 'em up.



8.(party my crib 3am): so this shirt is great because it's the one thing about having a baby that fits right into my life. I have pretty mad insomnia. I can take a couple sleeping pills and still stay up all night (not something I'm proud of) and so when the baby comes it'll be hard for him to wake me up because most likely I'll already be awake.
7. (Kisses 25 cents- starting my college fund): Now this is something I am serious about implementing. There is nothing more important this day in time then getting a college education. I love learning and I want my kids to have the best opportunities to go to the best schools if that's what they choose to do and so all those people who want to smother their germs all over my children, here's your copay for the Dr visits that result.



6. [(Hangin' with my gnomies (with two gnomes on it)]: okay so if you didn't grow up like me in the generation of David and the Gnomes then this one may fly over your head entirely but I have to say that this one hit home for me and it has instilled a desire in me to find some dvds of that show and get a matching shirts so me and my boy can have a little bonding time.




5. (As soon as I can grow it, I'm getting myself a sweet Mullet): The closest thing my child will probably ever get to having a real mullet is this shirt if my wife has her say. In fact I bet she'd let my kid wear the "recently evicted" shirt home from the hospital before she'd let our son have a mullet. I'm still hoping though. I grew my hair out long once and the only reason was because I wanted to grow a mullet. It's always been a dream and you know what they say you live those things out you didn't get through your children. Besides, when you're older and look back at the scrapbooks doesn't everyone wish they had that "kid mullet" picture in there? I know I do. (Yeah I know... don't worry my wife already knows she married a big kid. I think the unwritten rule is as long as I can pay the bills I can be as kid for as long as I want... works for me)

4. (Hey Dude... Your Wife Keeps Checking Me Out!): This is for my wife and for all those girls out there who as soon as they see a baby want one whether they've had 10 or none that maternal instinct comes out and they want a little baby. We men may never understand it but psychologically I wonder what all those staring eyes and attention due to a little baby long term.




3. [Lock up your daughters (with a little lock on it)]: My wife is half Filipino and if you know anything about half Filo's they are pretty much always hot. I think it's pretty safe to say that some of that beauty will carry over into our children and so I just have to say to all those other people out there having girls at the time we're having boys... I can't control the way your daughters react to my sons charm, wit and stunning beauty. It's out of my hands so lock 'em up. You've been warned....




2. (What's a nice girl like you doing in a playground like this?): I don't really have a lot to say about this one. I just started laughing really hard because I picture my little boys smooth talking as soon as they can talk.





1. [How to raise parents (baby reading book)]: My mom once told me that one day my kids will look at me and tell me I did this or that wrong or could have done this differently and I must admit she's right. I can't wait. Isn't that what it's all about? I think this is hilarious especially as my wife and I talk about what each of us thinks is the "right" way to raise a kid and even when we've read all the books and understand all the stages of development and even when we've prayed our hearts out for them we still seem to fall short. Call me crazy but I think there is something beautiful in that.


MY FAVORITE. (Hey chuckles... Enjoy... Laugh it up! One day I will have the keys, and you will be the one in diapers!): I think that's hilarious and I think that though it might seem cynical or whatever to some of you I think it's a true show of the cycle of life and that it's a bit ironic how those we've made decisions for and taken care of our whole life will one day be taking care of us. Does anyone else see a bit of irony in that? (Don't worry mom, I'll look after ya).

Okay so maybe those aren't the best reasons for having a kid but hey if your husband is immature and goofy like me then help him realize that you can find the same immature shirts he wears at 30 for little guys. Whether you want your child to grow up and be like your husband is an entirely separate battle that I will not get into.

7 comments:

Brit said...

You have to find a super funny onesie for this upcoming new edition. I swear you find the funniest shirts ever!

leigh said...

My fave is the mullet one. And what are you doing over there anyway? Don't you have a job or something?

Amy Jo said...

I have3 to agree with Leigh, too much time on your hands! Love ya brother, you definately will be one halarious Dad! Your kids are going to love ya!

Cheryl said...

Oh, how I wish I was a proficient quilter. I can just picture making a T-shirt quilt baby blanket for YOUR child with these onesies. Ha! Great idea, don't you think? Keep the fun coming!

Jerry & Tanya said...

Pretty cleaver Aaron. Cheryl's idea is great about a quilt. Have Teana ask Ashley, she made Brad a T Shirt quilt, and we all know how many T Shirts Brad has. CUTE!

Anonymous said...

My stance is modest on my view about "parents expressing themselves through their children's clothing" even though Ethan has an "I do my own stunts" t-shirt. However, I am a big proponent of the t-shirt itself. And onesies too, for that matter.

- Golden said...

Well if you got this much time on your hands, all I can tell you is you spent it well. I think I've identified my next son's 1st year wardrobe.