Sunday, May 18, 2008

Prayer Time!

So last night it was Aaron's turn to say prayers. After kneeling for about 5 seconds I wondered if he was going to start, I thought I'd just wait a couple seconds more because His prayers are so thoughtful, I thought maybe he was preparing. So after about 20 seconds I looked up and said "So, are you going to pray?" and in his sweet (trying to be) innocent voice he said "Oh, was I meant to say it out loud? Sorry!" So we bow our heads again and then he starts praying in Espanol. At first I wanted to crash tackle him, because he was being so cheeky and then I just thought "No, You can still feel the spirit even if you don't understand the language." It was so cute and he really sounded like a fluent South American (not that I'm the greatest judge) But I enjoyed hearing it.

I wish I could speak another language, I always tell my parents I was totally jipped as a child!! I'm half French and half Filipino and I can only speak English!!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey Aaron...could you possibly give me Suzie's e-mail?! I would LOVE to see her and Kendall's blog and invite her to mine. Thanks! :) Oh, and by-the-way...I like the team-blogging...it's a good balance!

Amy Jo said...

Teana get used to the "cheekyness." Thats the only way we know and love Aaron. I love and miss you guys and can't wait to see you in August!

molly said...

"cheeky" runs in the elmer boy's blood!

Karen said...

Love your blog. I want to see some pics. of you guys and your place!

Cheryl said...

I can just see him doing this to you and I have smiled to myself several times just thinking of it this week. I am so glad you are learning early to laugh with him. I love the times when John and I have laughed together; they mean even more to me as time goes on.

Jerry & Tanya said...

Hurray! I'm so glad you and Aaron are together. I happen to agree with the old addage that laughter is the best medicine, and I have a feeling that there will be a lot of that in your home. Love you guys!