If you have been driving a huge SUV and live in the city or suburbs and don't use it for any real purpose other than to look cool you should not be complaining about gas and especially not be complaining about how the car companies don't make fuel efficient cars... remember buying that car? What sells is what is built... that's why GMC and Ford don't have the hybrid and other fuel saving technologies. The guy in the Insight doesn't look so dumb now. (okay maybe his car does but at least his bank account doesn't... unless he donated it all to Green Peace)
2. EXPENSIVE GAS!!!! OH NO AMERICA!!! The rest of the world is glad you finally joined the party... oh no wait you haven't yet.
I'm starting to realize why the rest of the world hates America sometimes. All you hear about is how much gas and food is rising in the states and then you look at the rest of the world. This is a sign for gas in Australia. I know what you're thinking, "Dang that's cheap!" Yeah... except that would be in liters (1/4 of a gallon) and that is old. It's now 153.9 for regular. That's over $6 a US gallon. If you're paying more than that I apologize... if not, go ahead and google the rest of the world.
In fact the only four countries who pay less per US gallon of gas in the world are all oil rich countries (Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Malaysia... okay I have no clue why Malaysia is cheap). Japan is close because they cut out a large portion of their Petrol Tax to cover rising costs lately.
I guess here's the point: Yes, America is amazing and I'm no economist but in my mind we should be spending less time worrying about rich oil companies and realize that if we found an alternative before they did then they'd be the ones complaining but instead we sit on our butts and fill up our SUVs and then fork over the money hoping the Government will save us. That's what they (Oil Companies) want. I didn't see many people ten years ago complaining about paying extra for that SUV. Why not buy a cheaper car and invest that extra cash. Maybe for once we should look to Europe and all the little cars they have as maybe a smart thing instead of just something for narrow streets and parallel parking. But lets be sure and steer clear of them on the whole Government bail out on everything. Capitalism and free-market (when done correctly) is what has gotten us where we are in the last 200 years. Capitalism done incorrectly has gotten us where we are in the last couple years. (Govt/private debt galore and mortgage stupidity). When we come out of it to some degree this time around I hope we learn a lesson and quit borrowing so much dumb money, especially from China. Elmer out.


3 comments:
Ditto on the borrowing money thing. I wish someone could be responsible with money and stop spending it on a bunch of stuff nobody needs.
OK that is bad! I'm glad our gas isn't that expensive yet!
A shout out to Corolla owners.
Post a Comment