Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Little Sister


Being married to my wife is the most wonderful blessing I could ever have but I have to admit that it wouldn't mean half as much without my little sister, Michelle. She's 11 years old but acts like she's 15. She wants to do everything that everyone else is doing and has spent her whole life surrounded by adults so she's quite mature. She really is a huge blessing in my life. Because Teana's mom is a single parent she has to work two jobs to be able to make ends meet and save for things for her family (She's amazing in her own right). As a result, we get the opportunity to have Michelle over a couple times a week and since Teana is working a lot I get to spend part of that time with her alone. It was hard at first for both of us but now she is one of my best friends. This little girl (not so little really) is not only stunningly assertive, she also has the biggest heart. It's amazing to me how much I can learn from her when I take the time to listen and to really love her. She teaches me lots of things, sometimes things I'm not sure she fully realizes. Tonight Teana had a lesson for Church she had to prepare (she got called to teach Gospel Principles for new members last week) so Michelle and I practiced cartwheels for a bit then did a double header on the movies. We found a video shop where we can get new releases for $3 and older movies for $1 each for a week. We rented Mr. Maglorium's Wonder Emporium and cuddled on the couch and watched it. We both loved it and it reminded me of the beauty of life and being a kid. Teana convinced Michelle to pick The Never Ending Story for her second choice so we'll see how she feels about it. I love my family over here. They teach me so much about a life I've never had to live and I'm so grateful for their love and acceptance of me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neverending story...nice choice...only surpassed by Labryinth

- Golden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
- Golden said...

How can you say that Ryan... They didn't make a Labryinth 2: Its actually a maze. Yet the Neverending climaxed with "The Neverending Story Part 2: the next chapter." Not to mention how much brilliance was there in having the last Neverending Story be named the next chapter, I mean, 20 years from now they can come out with the third part of the trilogy and no one will think the wiser, I mean come on, its the never ending story. If Labryinth wanted to compete they should have first of all picked an artist that would last through out the ages like Prince rather than David Bowie, Come on. Ryan, I know you like to be funny, but please keep your comments accurate if you can.